Wednesday, October 8, 2014

I'm Going to be a Disney Cast Member!

Hello, and welcome to my Disney College Program blog!! I was recently accepted to the Disney College Program, which I am absolutely ecstatic about! During my application process I read past DCP blogs obsessively, so I figured I would make one of my own to help future DCP participants--and to keep you all up to date on what I'm doing during the program! :)

My little sister and I at Disneyland in 2002 :)

In this first post I wanted to talk a little bit about myself and what made me decide to apply for the Program! I grew up in Corona, California, 30 minutes from Disneyland and got my Annual Pass when I was three, so it is safe to say I spent a lot of time there when I was little! I got Disney guide books at the library and read them cover-to-cover for fun as a child. I was especially intrigued when I discovered there was "Another Disneyland," on the other side of the country! I moved North when I was eight, but returned to Disneyland every other year, and despite a brief period in high school when I thought I had "grown out" of Disney, (who ever really grows out of disney?) the magic of the place never faded. But I had still never been to Walt Disney World!


Finally, my senior year of high school, something truly magical happened: My high school choir decided to take the bi-annual choir tour to Walt Disney World!! It was a dream come true, and besides simply getting to visit the place I'd been reading about for years, I also got to sing in Epcot with my choir and go Back Stage in the park! The trip was wonderful, but all I could think about after waswhen can i go back?? 

At Walt Disney World my senior year :)

So that's when the Disney College Program became a prominent idea in my mind. I've always wanted to travel and to "have adventure in the great wide somewhere," and what better way to do that than to travel 3,000 miles to the opposite end of the country?? Working for Disney has been something I've wanted to do ever since I can remember, long before I knew about the Disney College Program, so not applying really wasn't even an option! My best friend and I applied together, and here I am, a soon-to-be Disney Cast Member! :D

I'll be posting lots more about the program, the application, the interview, and my role soon, but I just wanted to write this short introduction to start off with. Thanks for reading, and have a magical day! 

"To 
all that come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land." ~Walt Disney



No comments:

Post a Comment