Monday, February 23, 2015

My On the Job Training, Birthday at 1900 Park Fare, and Valentines Day at Magci Kingdom!

On tuesday the 10th I had my first on site training day specific to Hollywood Studios, called "on with the show."from 8am to 1pm. This was a tour day, where we got to find the cast services building and costuming and have a tour of the backstage areas of the park that we will be spending time in, as well as visiting the main attractions in the park.
We even got to ride the great movie ride as part of our tour and skip the line!We also got our "Earning My Ears" training tag for our nametags!:D













After the main tour and classroom portion, we split off into groups by our role and I went with the other custodians to get my costume. There were a lot of different pieces to the costume, some of which were optional but I chose to get one of everything that was available just to be safe. I got 5 shirts, 3 pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of pants, a belt, hat, pouch, jacket, gloves and rain poncho. 






That afternoon I went to Walmart and bought a watch for work.

I also went to the clubhouse and discovered that 5 of the 8 days I 
requested off for my families visit had been approved! This wasn't perfect, but I was happy that I at least got 5 days for sure with the family. I also booked my families hotel for their trip--a Cars Family Suite at Art of Animation for 9 nights!! I love Art of Animation. This will be the third time I've stayed there, but the first time out of the Little Mermaid section so I am excited!





February 11 I had my first day of REAL serious job training, so I wore my costume and arrived at Studios at 6:30 am I was paired off with a trainer and started the day by helping film a music video about safety for cast members, which was fun! Me and the two other trainees filmed all over the park and did short routines withcleaning supplies! Then I got to do a trash run and learn all about cleaning the streets and responsibilitys of that job. 


After work, I had a reservation at 1900 Park Fare for my birthday!! Okay, I have to give a little bit of back story here. When I was 10 and I first read the Walt Disney World guidebook and discovered there was another Disneyland across America, I was immediately enthralled by the Grand Floridian. 








It caught my eye at 10 years old and has been my very favorite resort ever since. So getting to eat there with the girls for my 20th birthday felt very special.














The buffet was really good and I loved the desserts, but especially fun were the characters.
Particularly Prince Charming.




After dinner we went in the gift shops and one of the cast members noticed my birthday button and got me on the phone with goofy to wish me a happy birthday!

On Thursday the 12th, my actual birthday, I got to work at 11:15 for restroom training. They gave me a beautiful birthday card signed by many of the other custodians and a mickey bar, which was so sweet! Unfortunately I got sick halfway through the day and had to leave early, but turns out I didn't miss a whole lot because I got all caught up the next day.

That night I opened my presents from my roommates and family, and had birthday brownies courtesy of Ashley!







The 13th was a great day at training because it was my last day, and although it was an assesment, it was incredibly easy. I went through a small trash run and bathroom cleaning, which my trainer helped me with and answered my questions. Then we walked through every single attraction at Studios to find all the garbage cans, which was cool because I saw the lines for lots of rides I'm never going on like Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster! We also ran into Anna, Elsa and Kristoph backstage about to go on for their show which was super cool--Anna even gave me a hug! Then we had some extra time so we went and watched One Mans Dream which was so powerful, and Beauty and The Beast, which was incredible, especially since I was getting paid to watch it!!





Saturday the 14th, Vday, was my first day off in what felt like forever, and it was time to visit MK! Abby and I got up early for park opening, and rode big thunder and haunted mansion with no wait at all since we were there so early!



Then we watched the main street trolley show which is so adorable, and met Mary Poppins and Tinker Bell! Mary Poppins was just wandering around in the shops on Main Street with her penguin, playing with the merchandise!




























I wanted to try a dole whip for the first time, which was good but not as amazing as I had expected it to be. I triedAbby's pineapple version and didn't like it at all. The orange one was a lot better. We also went on a search for Claudia, who was working in Adventureland, and found her at the Agraba Bazar!
















Then Ashley arrived at the park and we all got in line to meet Anna and Elsa at the Fairy Tale Hall! The wait was long, but the fairy tale hall was lovely. I especially liked Cinderellas royal slipper.














































After that we got seats for the festival of fantasy parade while we ate lunch from pinnochios village Haus.

















Then we went over to Gastons tavern and had to wait over an hour to meet him. I didn't mind waiting though because he was so entertaining! There were a crowd of people around just to listen to him, who weren't even in line to meet him! He was quite a hoot.






































By the time we said goodbye to Gaston, it was nearly 6 so we decided to try and catch a bus at the ticket and transporation center, meaning that we had to take the ferry across the seven seas lagoon, which I was excited to do.


However the ferry was too slow and we missed our bus so then we hopped on a monorail and went to the Polynesian to pick up a bus there instead. Hooray for DCP bus problems! That evening we all watched a movie together and relaxed.











1 comment: