Tuesday, February 3, 2015

And My Work Location Is....

The last two days have been a whirlwind of activity! Yesterday morning, one of my roommates picked me up from Art of Animation and drove us to Vista, where we met all the rest of our roommates. It was so nice to finally meet them!
I apologize for the sideways photo, I am using the PC lab and it doesn't have a way to edit the photos :/

We were handed our program guides, and split into two lines depending on our last name.  


We went into a room full of different stations, and I realized I was about to find out my work location!! I heard a lot of people in front of me in line being assigned Art of Animation and some other resorts, which made me even more nervous, because I didn't really want to work at a value resort. Finally it was my turn, and the nice cast member stuck my sticker onto the back of my guide and said "Congratulations, you are going to be working at Hollywood Studios!"

I was happy!!! Epcot was my very first choice but Animal Kingdom/Hollywood Studios were my second choice so I was incredibly pleased. Then I moved on to find out my housing placement, which wasn't quite as great news. We were placed at Vista Way, which was our last choice, so we weren't ecstatic, but it was okay.


Then I had casting right after, so I got on the casting bus. It was so exciting to see the building that I've seen so many photos of online from past DCPers!






My casting only took a little over an hour, and then I was able to come back and take a look around our complex.
One plus to Vista is that it has the largest clubhouse, so we have a lovely common room and a library where you can check out up to three books or DVDS at a time for free with your blue ID!


They also had a case full of DCP merchandise, which was super cool to see! I know I'm going to want to buy everything in this case:D

Then all the roommates and I drove to Walmart, where I proceeded to spend at least two hours buying almost everything in the store. I was trying to buy all store-brands and spent a lot of time in the clearance section, and it seemed to pay off because I ended up spending only 145$ ($135 if you don't count tax, which still seems really weird to me) on everything!


Our cabinets after we went shopping--mine's the top right shelf (It got a lot fuller after this photo was taken, don't worry!)
Later that night we exchanged our roommate gifts, which were all beautifully wrapped.


Megan made me this gorgeous Peter Pan initial, which was so creative!
Abigail got us these super cool cups with our names on them--and the best part is that they light up on the bottom!!
Claudia got me the most beautiful Little Mermaid bow that I am obsessed with and a bath bomb, which I somehow forgot to take a photo of! Unfortunately the wifi still doesn't work in our room so I am using the Vista Way computer lab to post this, which is very nice by the way. Today I had my housing meeting, which was a very simple meeting next to check in and casting. It was mostly a presentation that you just sat and listened to, during which they tell you all the ways you can get termed and how to avoid it, and how to stay safe in the complex.

Once my room is all finished I will be posting photos of that and more of Vista Way, and I am sure I will have lots to say after Thursday, when I have traditions and can finally get into the theme parks for free!:D Thanks for reading, and have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment