Thursday, January 29, 2015

Three Days 'Til Take Off!

Wow, where did the last three weeks go?? I am now down to three days until my departure, and four days until check in, which is so crazy! Time has a way of running away from me when I have a lot to do, and even though I have not been going to school or work this month, I somehow still have a lot left to do! I applaud those I know who kept working up until their departure and have still managed to get everything in order for the move. 

I have also been getting a lot of emails from Disney over the past three weeks. Exactly three weeks before arrival, I received my new hire document link and password. These were basically a lot of online documents about different rules of the program and Disney in general, including the Disney look and standards. There was also a section for signing up for direct deposit. These documents were rather lengthy, and required you to electronically sign them after reading.

Two weeks before check in, all my potential roommates and I received our DORMS email, which allowed us to access the Disney Housing site to put in our roommate requests, as well as our apartment size and location requests! After waiting a couple hours for one of our roommates to get an issue figured out with her DORMS, we were able to get on and link all of us together! We requested a six person, three bedroom in Chatham as our first choice, followed by Patterson and the Commons, and placed Vista last. One part of the DORMS Housing process that surprised me was the fact that it included more documents to read and sign! I'm not sure why I was surprised by this, since Disney likes to cover their  bases and be sure everyone is aware of the rules. However, these ones were a lot shorter then the ones you have to read for the New Hire Documents thankfully! Once you submit,you will be emailed and presented with a boarding pass with a bar code on it, which is very important so be sure to print it! You will need it at check-in.

Around this same time I got emails from Disney Education inviting me to log on to Disney's own Education portal for the classes I'm enrolled in, which is really cool! It lists the courses you're enrolled in, the class roster, the teachers bio, the time, date and location of each class, a calendar that lists when you have class, and even a class syllabus that tells you exactly what you will be doing in class every day! It was really fun to explore and made me even more excited for Disney Heritage and Disney Guest Services!

Last but not least, just today, five days before check in, myself and all of my probable roommates received our specific check-in times for Monday! When I chose my arrival date after I was accepted way back in October, it only told me to check in between 8-11am on February 2nd, it didn't give me a specific time. However, we got them now and we all got the same time, 10:45-11:45! I am so glad we all got the same time so that we can meet up before hand and go together. 

So we are all set for check-in now, and I can't wait! I'm very anxious to find out where I am going to be living, although I am not terribly picky about any of the complexes. I did a lot of research and honestly couldn't find any of them all that much worse than the others, besides Vista Way, but even that one isn't too bad. I think Patterson is the prettiest, and has the fanciest feel to it. The Commons has in room washer and dryer, so that is obviously something to be happy about if I am placed there. And Chatham has the best bus situation and seems like a great complex over all! 

As for my work location placement, since I didn't request a location during my phone interview, I have utterly no idea where I will be placed but I am super excited to find out. If I could go back and request somewhere, I would request Epcot, particularly the World Showcase, but I know that is a long shot to hope for now! So if I get Epcot at all I will be sooo stoked, but I will be really really happy if I get Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios as well! Magic Kingdom would be amazing of course, since that is where all the magic happens, but I am not thrilled by the idea of super late hours and the huge crowds, so I wouldn't say it is my very top choice. I also think working a resort would be pretty fun, particularly The Grand Floridian because it is my absolute favorite to visit and it would be sooo cool to work there every day!!

I still can't believe I am really going to be in Florida in three days, and that all the waiting is about to end. I will keep you posted about anything else that happens before then, and also work on getting up my bucket list!! Thanks for reading and have a magical day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment