Sunday, January 11, 2015

Getting Ready for the Move!

Okay, I've got three weeks left, time to talk about travel plans and packing!

I have begun the packing process, which is proving harder than I expected. I am bringing one large suitcase and one medium, plus a good-sized carry-on; however I am finding it difficult to fit my whole life in those bags! Clothes are the main issue, and shoes. I know everyone says you don't need that many clothes since you practically live in your work uniform except on days off, but it is really hard to narrow it down. Then I have all my hats, jewelry, lotions and purses, as well as my art supplies and tech accessories and favorite books and movies! I also want to bring some Disney and Harry Potter accessories to wear in the parks, and some writing supplies for my Disney classes.

I've already decided I will have to buy bedding in Florida, as well as laundrey baskets, storage racks, hangers, bathroom accessories like mats and towels, a hamper, small trash can, table lamp, and possibly a mattress pad. So I will have a lot of shopping to do on my first day!:D And on the bright side, my roommate wont have to worry about me taking up too much space in the room, since I am not bringing very much:)

Speaking of roommates, I realized I have yet to write about them! I have five lovely roommates, so there are six of us total, and we are hoping to get a three bedroom apartment. That way we will only share the bedroom and bathroom with one other person. Right now we are working on our plans for our first night after moving in, with some of our ideas being visiting the Disney Boardwalk, eating at Ohana and/or watching Wishes, or going to Downtown Disney and exploring down there! I am also busy working on the gifts I am making for the girls for our roommate gift exchange, which I am very excited about! I will share photos of what I made after the exchange so as not to ruin the surprise:)

The Grand Floridian and The Polynesian from the Monorail

Out of all six of us, I believe I am the only one flying. I am going to fly out of Portland on February 1st at 9am on Southwest airlines, and originally was going to arrive at 9pm in Orlando with two stops along the way. However, thanks to my observant travel partner, we were able to switch to a flight which has only one stop, and arrives at 7:50pm, and save a little money! I believe there will actually be three of us on that flight heading down for DCP, so that will be nice!

Arriving at AOA on my 2013 trip

Me and the fellow DCper from Oregon who I am flying with, made reservations for the Art of Animation Resort that night before check-in, which I am so excited about! The resort is brand new and VERY Disney oriented, which is so fun, and we got our room for a pretty decent price!

The view from the AOA Little Mermaid suites at sunrise

I am beyond excited for the adventures that lie ahead, and can't wait to share them here on the blog. Thanks for reading, and have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment